Biggera Waters State School is located in the northern Gold Coast suburb of Biggera Waters. Our school has an Enrolment Management Plan which means that families need to live within a defined boundary to guarantee enrolment for their children at Biggera Waters State School. A waiting list process operates where offers of enrolment are made to students who live outside the defined enrolment boundary. Offers of enrolment from outside the enrolment boundary are only made when enrolment vacancies exist within the school.
Biggera Waters State School, established in 1970, is a coeducational school. Our school is located near the beautiful Broadwater of the Gold Coast in the suburb of Biggera Waters. Our school caters for students in years preparatory to year 6.
- Quality educational experiences that include high intellectual challenge and rigour
- Academic excellence
- An explicit improvement agenda
- A curriculum connected to real life
- Analysis and discussion of students and school data
- Systemic curriculum delivery
Supportive school environment
- A culture that promotes learning
- Building and enhancing positive relationships
The recognition of difference
- A differentiated curriculum
- Targeted use of school resources
- An expert teaching team
- Effective teaching practice